If your business or organization is open or closed for today or tomorrow, please let us know via text at 769-222-3773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are the closings already announced for Wednesday:
• The Newton County Appeal's mail and racks delivery has been delayed at least until Thursday.
• The Newton County Courthouse will open at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.
• WastePro will not have any garbage pickup tomorrow. They will reevaluate the situation tomorrow and make a decision on when they can begin trask collection again.
• The railroad crossing on Oak Street has been closed due to icy conditions.
• I-20 has reopened from Newton to Lake.
• Due to icy road conditions the Mississippi Highway Patrol is asking motorist to avoid Interstate 20 west bound from the 97 out to the 106 mile marker due to impassable frozen lanes of traffic. We are asking that if you must travel west bound out of Meridian that you take Exit 100 onto Hwy 80 and detour through Forrest back around to I20. We also ask that people refrain from travel unless it’s absolutely necessary.
• Newton Municipal Schools will have virtual learning for those students who have electricity tomorrow.
• Union Public Schools will be closed Wednesday.
• Newton County Schools will be closed for Wednesday.
• Newton County Academy is closed Wednesday.
• The East Central Community College campus will be closed on Wednesday, February 17, and classes will again be held virtually due to winter weather and hazardous driving conditions. Employees should work from home when possible. The college will resume all normal operations on Thursday, February 18.